One of the prizes that the bakers at this Year’s Maine Whoopie Pie Festival will be competing for is The Maine Whoopie Prize. The prize is the brainchild of Jim Bailey the Yankee Chef. He created the prize last year, and has expanded it this year to truly sweet proportions! The Yankee Whoopie Prize will be judged on its use of one or more of the following ingredients:
- Molasses, 2. Blueberries, 3. Apples (cider, juice or the apple itself), 4. Maple (any maple product), 5. Moxie
The prize package for the Maine Whoopie Prize includes:
- A gift certificate from The Natural Living Center in Bangor
- Items from Affordable Restaurant Supplies in Brewer
- An Embroidered Chef’s coat
- Gift Basket from Wild Blueberry Products
Good luck to all the bakers!